“10th International Inter-University Short Film Festival- 2018” organized by Dhaka University Film Society is a festival to promote and inspire the work of University going filmmakers with the slogan “Take Your Camera, Frame Your Dream”. Festival Promo.
In 2007, International Inter-University Short Film Festival (IIUSFF) started its journey with the goal to provide a platform for the young and talented student filmmakers in Bangladesh and overseas to showcase their talent. Over the years, it has succeeded in creating a name of its own and to work as a cross-cultural platform to portray the different styles and dimensions of young University-going filmmakers throughout the world.
Awards & Prizes
#01. Zahir Raihan Best Short Award
This award is given by the jury board of International Inter University Short Film Festival for the Best Short Film of the festival. It was first introduced in 2009. This award is worth of 300$.
#02. Tareque Masud Best Emerging Director Award
The 9th edition of IIUSFF introduced a new award in memory of legendary Bangladeshi film-maker Tareque Masud. This award is given to the best Bangladeshi film-maker participating in the festival. The aim is to encourage Bangladeshi film-makers to produce more quality films. This award is worth of 200$.
#03. Talent Campus Participation
Top 20 short listed Participants will get a free entrance to attend the talent campus session conducted by renowned film makers and film personals to sharpen their skills to frame their dreams in future.
#04. Screening Session
Top 50 short listed Films will be screened on several IIUSFF festival venues across the country and overseas including India and USA.
#05. Certificate, Gifts and Kit packs
Top 50 Short listed Films will receive a certificate of appreciation, a plaque of appreciation and festival kits.
01) Competition Length- 15 minutes maximum (These films will compete for the prizes)
02) Panorama Length- 30 minutes maximum *panorama films will not compete for the prizes but will be considered for the special mentions and public screenings
Rules & Terms
The requirements of participating in the festival area.
1. Films previously submitted to any edition of International Inter University Short Film Festival are NOT eligible.
2. The entrant has to be an undergraduate student or postgraduate student, currently enrolled in a University/College. Those who have completed their undergraduate studies within the previous 2 (Two) years are also eligible.
3. Any single entrant can submit a maximum of two films in any category.
4. Submitted films cannot be available in any open access streaming site (e.g.- YouTube, Facebook) during the competition period.
5. Films earlier screened in other festivals (in any country) are eligible. The entrant has to mention the names of the festivals the film has been screened in.
6. All entries must be subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
7. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
8. By submitting their films in our competition, entrants submit the screening rights to Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS). Selected films will be screened in public sessions and DUFS holds the right to screen the films in selected festival venues.
20th July, 2018
Eligible entrants (according to the rules and terms above) can participate in the festival through uploading their films or submitting the Google Drive link via FilmFreeway.
Eligible entrants can participate in the festival by filling up the following Google registration form. The films need to be uploaded to Google Drive or Drop Box or Vimeo prior to the registration process and only the submission link(Google Drive link/ Drop Box link/ Vimeo link) should be provided in the Google form.
Fill Out and Submit your film via this
Eligible entrants can Physically submit their short films through a CD or DVD to the address below. and they have to provide 2 hard copy of all the Google Form Information.
Dhaka University Film Society
1st Floor, Teacher-Student Center (TSC)
University of Dhaka, Shahbag, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Film Submission is Free of Cost.
## After completing the registration process(via film free way or google form or physical appearance) and submitting your film, we will cross-check your status and send a confirmation email shortly.
## After the Judgment procedure we will announce the list of top 50 short films.
Top 50 shortlist
Renowned Film Society Activists, Film Personal, Film Scholar, Film Activists and Film Makers from Bangladesh and other countries will be the honorable judges to the resulting shortlist.
Top 50 short list will be published by 10th August, 2018
Top 50 Shorts will be screened in several IIUSFF festival venues across the country and overseas.
## In order to validate your participation in the screening Session there is a screening fee of 10$ (international) and 500 BDT (Local) to be paid. This fee is only applicable when your film is shortlisted as top 50 for the screening session in the festival.
## Without the screening fee your submission will not be screened in the festival and will not participate in the final judgment for Zahir Raihan Best Short Award and Tareque Masud Best Emerging Director Award.
Dhaka University Film Society
Janata Bank, TSC Branch, University of Dhaka
bKash Account No:
DBBL Rocket Account No: