The IIUSFF Talents 2020 is an international platform that supports student filmmakers from all over the world. This year’s Talents session will feature a script lab, pitching session, masterclass and filmmaking funds.
IIUSFF Talents is a significant component of the International Inter University Short Film Festival (IIUSFF). The vision of the IIUSFF Talents is to create a hub for young talented student filmmakers to meet with each other, learn from industry professionals and get exposed to professional networking to gather support for their future filmmaking ventures. This year, because of the ongoing global pandemic situation, the IIUSFF Talents 2020 is being held online from October 25-30.
Selected Projects in IIUSFF Talents 2020 Script Lab
|Project Name||Participant’s Name||Country|
|She Is Stable||Sebastian Plasencia Gutiérrez||Perú|
|A Day in the Life||Md. Abrar Shahriar Nafis||Bangladesh|
|Once upon a time in the south||Sachin Sreekumar||India|
|Fate Doesn’t Reach Everywhere||Jubyria Afroz Binty||Bangladesh|
|Glass||Shiblul Haque Shuvon||Bangladesh|
|The Escapist||Anupam Hore||Bangladesh|
We invite all university students to apply for the Script Lab of IIUSFF Talents 2020. The six day long script lab will help the participants to develop the script of their film and prepare the project for pitching. Expert mentors from different continents of the world will guide the participants through this process via group meetings and one-to-one sessions.
Requirements for application
- The applicant has to be an undergraduate student or postgraduate student, currently enrolled in a University/College. Those who have completed their undergraduate studies after October, 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- The applicant must be the director, writer or the producer of the submitted project.
- The submitted screenplay must be written in English language. If originally written in any other languages, an English translation of the script must be submitted along with the original one.
- The film script must be written in Courier font, 12-point size.
- The project must be within 06-10 Pages, following the rule that one page equals one minute of screen time. Only short film projects will be accepted.
- The duly filled application form has to be submitted within the deadline, including the University Student ID, CV of the applicant and detailed budget for film production.
Terms & Conditions
- For each selected project, maximum two persons can participate in the Script Lab. The participants have to be the writer, director or producer of the selected project.
- All meetings and communications of the IIUSFF Talents 2020 will be done using zoom/google meet/whatsapp/e-mail. English will be used as the preferred language of communication.
- Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS), UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency and Goethe-Institut Bangladesh will have screening rights of the selected film project (After project completion).
The Final Pitching Session of IIUSFF Talents 2020 will be held on 20 – 21 November, 2020.
Funds and co-production opportunities will be announced after the final pitching session. Two Bangladeshi projects of the Script Lab will be given Film Production Funds.
The two film production funds are supported by Goethe-Institut Bangladesh.