Dhaka University Film Society is arranging Short Film Festival on Cultural Diversity and Peace, In association with Action Aid Bangladesh. Which aspires to provide an ideal platform for the young and talented student filmmakers in Bangladesh to demonstrate their talent and competence.
This year, our goal is to promote cultural diversity, facilitate social cohesion and spark meaningful conversations about how to create a more peaceful world through film as a medium. Short Film Festival is an endeavour to acknowledge the transformative power of visual storytelling and celebrate the talent of young university-going filmmakers from Bangladesh.
The theme of the festival is “Cultural Diversity and Peace”. Applicants will submit their film based on the mentioned theme. Maximum run time eligible for the competition is 30 minutes.
Submit your short film on Filmfreeway
Eligible entrants can participate in the festival by filling up the following Google registration form.
Eligible entrants can physically submit their films to the following address.
Dhaka University Film Society,
1st Floor, Teacher-Student Centre (TSC),
University of Dhaka, Shahbag, Dhaka-100, Bangladesh.
All of the submissions are free of cost.
Awards and Prizes
Winner: The best short film will be awarded the Winner title, Crest, Certificate and prize money of BDT 10,000.
Runner-Up: The Runner-up will be awarded Crest, Certificate and prize money of BDT 8,000.
Special Mentions: Three short-films will be awarded special mention for pioneering in different aspects of filmmaking. The categories are Best Cinematography, Best Story and Best Editing. Each of the awardees will receive Crest, Certificate and prize money of BDT 3000.
On the basis of revenue sharing, top 20 selected short films will be uploaded on the biggest online platform of Bangladesh Rabbitholebd.com and will remain there for three months.
25 August 2019
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting a Film, the entrant ensures that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers, and/or other authorized representatives of the film and has read, understood, and agreed to the Terms.
- By submitting the film to IIUSFF 2019, the applicant and copyright owners hereby warrant and represent that the film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses and we the festival team take no responsibility in this matter.
- By submitting their films in the competition, entrants agree that on the basis of revenue sharing, top 20 selected short films will be uploaded on the biggest online platform of Bangladesh Rabbitholebd.com and will remain there for three months.
- Any single entrant can submit a maximum of three films in any category.
- Films earlier screened in other festivals (in any country) are eligible. The entrant has to mention the names of the festivals the film has been screened in.
- All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the festival authority.
- All entries must submit embedded English subtitle with the film. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
- The festival authority may accept late submissions in its sole and absolute discretion.
- By submitting their films in the competition, entrants allow the screening rights to Dhaka University Film Society (DUFS). Selected films will be screened in public sessions and DUFS holds the right to screen the films in selected festival venues.
- Please keep us informed of any changes regarding your contact information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The festival authority reserves the right to disqualify any submission if they notice any violation of the terms and conditions. They can ask for proof of authenticity anytime.
- The festival authority reserves the right to rule in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.
- The submitted film must not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person
- After completing the registration process(via Filmfreeway or Google Forms or physical appearance). We will cross-check your status and send a confirmation email shortly.
- After the Judgment procedure, we will announce the list of the selected short films.
- Renowned Film Society Activists, Film Personal, Film Scholar, Film Activists and Filmmakers from Bangladesh and other countries will be the honorable judges to the resulting shortlist.
For Further Information